Human Trafficking Resource

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Grandma...can you hear me?

Grandma...can you hear me?

This coming weekend is the San Diego Christian Writers Conference. For writers, it's the big hoo-rah, the Big Kahuna, the moment we've all been working towards. Our bi-monthly critique group met last night and everyone was in "conference-mode". We are all teeming with anticipation and wonder.
My book, Saving Savannah is a shocking tale that is written for God's glory and honor even if it has a crazy way of getting there. I really don't know too many of us that have slipped on a banana peel or fell off a turnip truck and found God. For me it was a process, and a journey. It wasn't always pretty but it was MINE!
My co-character in my book Saving Savannah is the only reason I am here today. She's Savannah's Grandmother, who kept her (me) alive by her constant prayers. Now it's my turn to pray for her journey. My Grandmother is 93 years old and lives in hospice out of state. I used to call her every week and shout and tell her hello and how much I love her. She can't hear anymore, even when you scream. She can't see either, hasn't been able to for a very long time.
I feel pretty helpless most days and can't begin to understand why Jesus won't let her go home and hang out in Heaven where she belongs. Grandma if you can hear me, I just want you to know how much you influenced my life. I want to tell you that I love you and couldn't have written this book without you.  Grandma, If you can hear me, I just want to say thank you, thank you for Saving Savannah

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful way of honoring "Grandms".... blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You, LORD, for praying moms and grandmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You, LORD, for praying moms and grandmas!

    ReplyDelete