Human Trafficking Resource

Saturday, June 25, 2011

God, you are too funny!

Recently, my husband and I were led by God to became members of the Gideons. Why? I have no idea.
The Gideons are actually a professional Men's group; the women are Auxiliary members.
It's very traditional; The women  even sit at another table to talk amongst ourselves and we have women's duties like putting Bibles in Doctors offices.
 The group is, how do I put this.... very mature. A dear sweet lady today whispered,
 "We are dying off and need people to replace us!"
They are very excited to have "young people" like us be accepted into the group.
 My application wasn't approved as fast as my husbands was and he teased that I might not pass the background check  Haha honey, very funny.
So at 7am on a Saturday morning I'm at CoCo's with the most precious group of, er how do I say this?-very old people, wondering "Really God?  I mean, don't you know how busy I am? The writer's conference is three months away!"
I got excused to go sit with the women at our "own table" to pray. I felt very self conscious and wished I had chosen a shirt that wasn't so low cut and maybe some different shoes.
 There was only one other lady for most of the breakfast and we began to talk just the two of us.
I wondered.....what on Earth could we have in common? She asked me about my book and I tried to enunciate my words and speak loudly as I told her about 'Saving Savannah'.
I told her that for every book sold, I would ask if they would like to purchase an additional copy to be sent to a women's prison so that girls could come to know Christ through my books.
Instead of fainting, her face lit up and she shared about going into the jails to preach to women.
Come to find out she had been the Chaplain at Los Colinas for over ten years! They even gave her her own key! She began to explain the layout of the dorms at Los Colinas, the main women's detention center located in Santee.
I was nodding my head like I knew, and she paused and said "have you been there?"
I simply answered ''Yes".
 I never said in what context, and it doesn't really matter.
 What matters is that God is the ultimate networker.  When He say "My ways are not your ways''   he means it. When He asks me to do something, I take a tip from young Samuel in the Bible. All I have to say is "Yes Lord".

No comments:

Post a Comment