Human Trafficking Resource

Thursday, February 9, 2012

There Must Be Some Mistake OFFICER...

I left a couple of minutes early for work this morning to return some library books that were due today.
If you know me at all, I tend to be an EXTREME DO-GOODER. The LAST thing I want is a soiled reputation at our beautiful NEW Library.
The brand spankin new parking lot has cute little spaces designated for "Carpool" or "Fuel Efficient"
vehicles. Being that I didn't see any "HUGE 1987 Bronco" spaces available, I stopped right up front and left the engine running while I ran up to the fancy book return. Not your every-day book drop, the new one scans items on a conveyor belt similar to a bank depository. Nuthin' country about that!
Afterwards, I ran back to my truck and as soon as I'm about to put it in DRIVE...
A REAL POLICEMAN (not a library cop) smacks my windshield and tells me to STOP!! He begins to question me:
"What are you doing? Who are you with? Did you just come out of the library? Where did you return the books? Did you see anyone else? Is this vehicle registered to you? Would you mind turning off the car and waiting right here ma'am?"
I'm like.... great, here we go; coincidentally I AM on probation, so I'm a wee bit nervous, gulp. (nothing related to books)
While I'm DETAINED the building is searched and secured and I slowly slide my hand over to retrieve my phone and text my husband. HEY! I watch Investigate Discovery, people go missing every day!
I am so scared that I text something like
"Cips have mu librate" which I hope will be a clue when I disappear! Yikes!
The cop comes back and somehow the BURGLAR ALARM was set off and guess who happens to be
running away from the library??? He asked my name and my answer sounded like a Porky Pig Cartoon...
"bede bedee beddee" because who knows which name the library has! (ok long story)
So I was "free to go" and I went to work and sat at my desk for two hours shaking like a leaf.
ME??? Jack the Library? I wouldn't even consider bending a page.
I really hope this little "incident" doesn't appear on my permanent Extreme Do-Gooder Record.

2 comments:

  1. Nice story. Next time you go to the library, maybe you should grab the "get out of jail free card from Monopoly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacey,....you and your adventures!!!!!!! :) Aimee

    ReplyDelete