Human Trafficking Resource

Thursday, February 2, 2012

How I Remember Grandma

My grandma is so amazing; I love to just look at her. I can practically memorize her features; each time I close my eyes I take in a little bit more of her. The color of her skin is as creamy and pale as the coconut sherbet at Baskin Robbins. Her dark, graying full head of hair is happiest fresh from the salon, rolled and teased to perfection. Her pick and a tall can of Aqua-Net hairspray is always close by. She smells of Este Lauder perfume and often has a fresh dusting of powder a little too visible on her chin. Most evenings she sports a dress covering similar to an apron, but this one goes over her head, ties on both sides and has a deep pocket in the front. At some point in time it was bright turquoise. Her shoes are typically chosen for comfort and resemble matronly, hospital-issue Easy Spirit loafers.
The quality I love most about my grandma is her busy spirit. Convincing that woman to sit down would quite possibly be the Eighth Wonder of the World. She jets and darts from chore to task never missing a beat.
Although my Granny (praying angel in the Saving Savannah Series) remains in hospice out of state, she continues to be my light and my inspiration. Her deep devotion to the Lord continues to shine through each memory as I continue to put pen to paper . . . in her honor.
I love you always~

2 comments:

  1. Nice tribute to your grandmother, Stacey. You paint a vivid picture of her. I'm sure she's really proud of you. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book will be an amazing tribute to such a special lady!

    ReplyDelete