Human Trafficking Resource

Sunday, October 30, 2011

WAIT.......I HAVE A COUPON FOR THAT!

Yes, it's true. I'm one of THOSE people. I use coupons for EVERYTHING: groceries, dog food, pedicures, fast food, frozen yogurt, shampoo, dentists (not recommended), laundry detergent, even christian apparel.
And points! You gotta love accumulating points for everyday purchases. Bonus! On average I save between 10-30% on everything we buy. (loud applause...hello! That's ALOT!)
My husband,  feckless free-spending hunk that he is... DOES NOT.
Before you go there, I am NOT CHEAP. I just love to get a bargain...plus I have to balance out what Mr. Money is spending!
Because God is so hilarious, my husband and I just began a finance study at our church called the Good Samaritan. Six blissful weeks on budgeting. The funny part is, I let him think it was HIS idea, and so far it's really working!
Putting our finances down on paper, I realized something kinda groovy. The only thing "free" and without rules or an expiration date is our SALVATION. I mean,what if we had to clip a coupon to receive God's Grace? What if you needed 10,000 points to redeem God's mercy? And gasp... what if the coupon expired before you repented? Yikes!
Having a relationship with Christ is a beautiful thing. His goodness is never-ending, his direct prayer line is toll-free and we can worship Him all day long....without a coupon.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Stacey. I love your story. My favorite part about grocery shopping is when the cashier tells me how much I saved by using their "club cards."

    ReplyDelete