Human Trafficking Resource

Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Loyal Reader


As a writer and insatiable reader I surround myself with awe-inspiring, delicious fiction. I favor female authors and every once in awhile I'll read a book, so impressive it becomes a textbook. When such a gem beckons me to re-read a book, once finished, something wonderful happens; I become a loyal reader. I'm not so daft to think  repetitive consumption of someones talent will rub off by osmosis, I become a loyal reader to get my hands on MORE.
I love when the author has a page of "other books by..." so I can immediately run to the computer and order every other book they've written. Just recently, following a pleasurable first-time read, I ordered the remaining twenty-four books by the author off the library website. Now into the sixth book, my loyalty is starting to fade. Not only is the author re-telling the same story poorly and just changing the geography, dare I say...she stopped caring all together!
I'm always on the hunt for a new author that can keep me craving more. Always hopeful, I pick up each new book and hope...hope I'll want to stay loyal.
Deep down I think there's a part of all of us that want to be a loyal reader, I just hope there's a surplus of authors out there willing to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment